To combine emerging Tissue Engineering and Regenerative technologies with minimally invasive surgical solutions to treat cartilage damage and early osteoarthritis.
- Refine cell populations for effective joint surface repair/regeneration.
- Improve our understanding of the mechanism of action of implanted cells.
- Improve our knowledge of endogenous stem cells to affect intrinsic repair.
- Develop scaffolds with personalised geometries for the treatment of joint surface defects.
- Facilitate widespread use of cell therapy by simplifying its delivery and improving effectiveness.
We are patient-centred while developing our cross-disciplinary translational research. Our work is structured into two core themes:
- Patients – clinical trials and linked systems biology approach.
- Cell populations – both as therapy and target for therapy.
Our seven Work Programmes put into practice our Mission, Goals and Core Themes.